Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Childhood Friend

A few weeks ago, my family and I had lunch with Beth, a childhood friend of mine. I had been in email contact with her off and on for a few years, but I hadn't seen her since we were teen-agers. Even then, it was for a brief few days. We had known eachother as play/school mates for a period of nine years, since I was five and she was three, until I was thirteen and she was eleven. Twice, during that time, her parents were my house parents, so they became like uncle and auntie to me. I was in email contact with her mother, who was supportive of some of my writing endeavours, until she passed away in 2004.

Anyway, she has opened a blog page for the purpose of telling of her trip, which she made with her two grown sons. The link takes you to the very last page, because you have to work your way forwards from there to get the story in chronological order. There's a photo of her son, Micah with my son, Abie, as well as one of my family in Lumpini Park, a favourite spot of ours when we were young.

No comments: