Tuesday, January 22, 2008

...an example of what I'm talking about:

Okay, we really haven't been talking about it on this blog, but we could just as well have been.

The reason I'm a Protestant is because I believe in Yeshua, and I didn't happen to be baptised in the Roman Catholic Church. Going strictly by the etimology, the term 'Protestant' probably doesn't apply to me because I'm not a non-Catholic out of protest. My belief is that the sign over the door neither saves nor damns, but it's the faith accompanied by its fruit. I may not agree with every point of Roman Catholic doctrine, just as I probably probably don't agree 100% with any one church's creed. But neither do I see a chruches official creed as necessarily defining every single person who happens to belong to that church.

In that light, I found Alan Creech's latest autobiographical blog entry encouraging. It's a good read.

No comments: